• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tony Marino

Tony Marino

• Moderators
  • 32,064 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

This is real fucking bullshit what Prospect Park is planning, I am so disgusted with them I may just stop watching OLTL altogether.

The drama behind the soap. The Los Angeles Times posted a report this morning stating that Prospect Park plans on shelving the revived “One Life to Live” until it settles the matter of the ABC lawsuit. A few months ago, Prospect Park had sued ABC in response to the fact that two characters were killed off from “OLTL” when they made the crossover to “General Hospital.”

According to chief executive Jeff Kwatinetz, Prospect Park loaned the characters to “GH” until the plans to get the online revivals of both “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” off the ground, however he never assumed that certain characters would end up killed on the lone ABC Daytime soap. ABC responded that nothing was done wrong and acted in good faith regardless.

This is not the first time that Prospect Park has been getting the heat. Back in June, production on both online soaps stopped for a few weeks due to an argument of wages with the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees. Also, Kwatinetz reduced the number of episodes for both soaps over the course of their run, as well as the viewing schedules.

According to the article, writers are putting scripts together for a second season of “All My Children,” and Kwatinetz plans to ramp up production this month.

http://rdsn.net/buzz.../#comment-34873

giphy.gif

#2 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 26,189 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

I've about had it with PP's antics too.  They don't need to shelve a show that they own over a lawsuit that only involves a few characters that aren't being used anywhere, and really aren't needed.  This is just them procrastinating, probably because they're in over their heads when it comes to budget money.  Ridiculous.  You can only play with actors and viewers so much before they start jumping ship and not bothering anymore.

• Tony Marino likes this

pictur11.png
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
moving10.gif
Email ↓
conversationchamber@gmail.com

#3 morgaine33

morgaine33

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

I am not caring that much. I have had a sense of doom lately. I think they want to drop OLTL  and will soon, imo.

#4 Tony Marino

Tony Marino

• Moderators
  • 32,064 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

I guess this is their way of saying its over.  Very sad because I blame the writers for the story lines that literally sucked and were non existent for more than half the show.  I am cancelling my Hulu subscription tomorrow.  Chris is right, the actors were not really needed but they could have re-cast them if they wanted to.

giphy.gif

#5 Jason B.

Jason B.

Power Member

• Chamber VIP Member
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

What????

:eyeroll:

Whatever.  

tumblr_m6h2yg1stg1r8ji70o1_500.jpg

#6 Tony Marino

Tony Marino

• Moderators
  • 32,064 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Exactly Jason.

giphy.gif

#7 morgaine33

morgaine33

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

I guess this is their way of saying its over.  Very sad because I blame the writers for the story lines that literally sucked and were non existent for more than half the show.  I am cancelling my Hulu subscription tomorrow.  Chris is right, the actors were not really needed but they could have re-cast them if they wanted to.

Sure sounds like more of an excuse than a reason. I hope I am wrong, but I also think it is gone. I read that they told the actors to feel free to seek employment elsewhere.

• Tony Marino likes this

#8 Kral

Kral

Power Member

• Chamber VIP Member
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

This is the biggest fucking crock of shit I've heard in a while.  First of all, the "lawsuit with ABC" is something that PROSPECT PARK initiated and I don't even know why it's still going on.  Last I heard ABC relented and dropped those OLTL characters from GH.   So the hell what that GH killed off Hope and Cole.  Is there something stopping PP from bringing them back from the dead?  What are they even still fighting over?  This is all just an excuse.  PP just wants to cancel OLTL probably because they discovered that the cost of producing 2 soaps was more than they figured.  So now they're trying to use phrases like "shelved until..." because they're scared of possibly losing viewers of AMC who're either fans of OLTL too or who will be smart enough to know that their whole operation isn't stable enough continue investing in AMC with all this crap happening.

I felt something wasn't right when they gave these shows "season finales".  Since when do soaps have those?  Shame on me for even bothering with the reboot to begin with.  If by some miracle OLTL actually does come back, I'm not sure I'll keep watching.  I'm tired of how every few weeks there's some new production issue that's threatening the future the show or causing them to make cut backs that make it more vulnerable for cancellation.  If you can't produce it, then just cancel it.

• Tony Marino likes this

41566_147252548631535_8439_n.jpgMy Favorite Todd.

#9 Jason B.

Jason B.

Power Member

• Chamber VIP Member
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

I have had it with Prospect Park.  It's an unstable environment and OLTL and AMC were really just lab mice used to beta test whether or not they could create a new online format to produce shows.  

tumblr_m6h2yg1stg1r8ji70o1_500.jpg

#10 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 26,189 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:29 AM

^ Yeah.  I appreciate the forty additional episodes we got, but I'm emotionally detaching from it for the sake of my nerves.

• Tony Marino likes this

pictur11.png
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
moving10.gif
Email ↓
conversationchamber@gmail.com

#11 Tony Marino

Tony Marino

• Moderators
  • 32,064 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

Just makes me so angry after all the fighting we did to get it back on it just ends with a lie from PP.

giphy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users